1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup coconut
125 g butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 tablespoon water
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the sugar, rolled oats and coconut.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the golden syrup and water.
- Stir the bicarbonate of soda into the liquid mixture.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Place walnut-sized balls of mixture on a greased tray and bake for 15-20 minutes at 175°C.
- Biscuits will harden when cool.
For crunchier biscuits, use more golden syrup.