1 whole white fish (snapper, bream or trevally) cleaned and scaled
¼ cup orange or lime marmalade
1 lime or lemon, sliced
Chopped parsley to serve
- Line a large sheet of alfoil with baking paper.
- Spread half the marmalade over an area to contain the fish and top with 2-3 slices of lemon.
- Lay fish on top of the lemon slices.
- Top with remaining marmalade and 2-3 more slices of lemon.
- Place remaining lemon slices in the fish cavity.
- Seal baking paper and then foil into a parcel and barbecue on a medium heat for approximately 15 minutes, turning half way through.
- Feel regularly with tongs and check when the fish starts to feel soft on both sides. Cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the fish, so check after ten minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley, steamed potatoes and a salad.
This recipe suits most types of fish and can be used for fillets as well as whole fish. The recipe can also be baked in a moderate oven for 20 to 25 minutes.