250 g butter, chopped
200 g dark chocolate
2 cups caster sugar
1⅓ cups water
1 teaspoon instant coffee
¾ cup plain flour
¾ cup self-raising flour
¼ cup cocoa
3 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large saucepan, add the first 5 ingredients.
- Melt together over a low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter and chocolate are melted. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Sift plain flour, self raising flour and cocoa into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cooled liquid and beat gently.
- Add the eggs and mix gently.
- Pour mixture into a greased cake tin and bake at 150°C for 1¾ hours.