1 tablespoon oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons Thai Green Curry Paste (preferably home-made)
1 cup coconut milk (approximately)
½ cup water
500 g chicken thigh or breast fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
100 g green beans or zucchini cut into pieces
2 Kaffir lime leaves
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons brown sugar
½-1 cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat oil in a wok or large saucepan.
- Add onion and curry paste and cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add coconut milk and water, and bring to the boil.
- Add chicken pieces, beans, lime leaves; stir to combine. If chicken is not covered by liquid, add more coconut milk.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is tender. Add fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar; stir to combine.