Popping the question to a loved one can often be one of the most expensive romantic gestures you would ever make in your life. However, for the world’s hottest A-listers, price is no object when it comes to showing their betrothed their affection and commitment towards them. It is known for some of the biggest spenders in the celeb world to spend millions on the perfect engagement ring for their loved one. But what are some of the priciest celebrity engagement rings out there?
P.s if you are here looking for inspiration to find your dream engagement ring then have a look at Vashi engagement rings, they have a beautiful collection and they even enable you to design your own ring. But back to the list, here are some of the most expensive, extravagant and strikingly beautiful engagement rings adorned by the world’s rich and famous.
The 5 most expensive celebrity engagement rings
1. When Prince William proposed to the beautiful Kate Middleton, he popped the question with a 12-carat sapphire ring surrounded by 14 diamonds. This was originally Princess Diana’s engagement ring which was valued at $47,000 at the time of her engagement with Prince Charles but is now worth $500,000.
2. Prince Rainer III of Monaco presented Grace Kelly with a 10.47-carat Cartier diamond engagement ring. The ring was valued at a whopping $4.6 million.
3. When Paris Latsis proposed to his Paris Hilton, he presented her with a 24-carat white gold engagement ring. The ring is reportedly worth $4.7 million.
4. The biggest power couple in showbiz– Jay-Z and Beyoncé – obviously had to be on this list after Jay-Z gifted Beyoncé with an 18-carat emerald-cut ring valued at $5 million.
5. When Kanye West proposed to Kim Kardashian, he presented her with a 15 carat-cushion-cut diamond ring. The ring was valued at $7-8 million! Of course, Kim being Kim couldn’t wait to flaunt her beautiful ring online and quite rightly so.
6. So who possesses the most expensive engagement ring in the whole entire world? Elizabeth Taylor, that’s who! Richard Burton gifted Taylor with a 33-carat Krupp diamond engagement ring. The ring was sold at an auction in 2011 for a whopping $8.8 million.
And there you have it – some of the most expensive engagement rings in the world. Which one’s your favourite?